Plant Based Diet for Babies - Macro & MicronutrientsJul 16, 2020
Our aim at My Plant Based Babies is to provide a supportive environment for parents and carers who wish to introduce plant-based meals into their baby’s food journey. By combining our expertise in nutrition, with our experience during parenting, we will be sharing easy to follow, evidence-based information and recipes for all occasions. We want you to feel confident as you begin introducing new foods to your baby, whether you are new to a plant-based lifestyle or have been eating this way for many years.
A plant-based diet for babies can be healthy and nutritious and provide everything your baby needs, when planned for correctly. We will start by looking at macronutrients and micronutrients, answering some common questions relating to them, such as:
- Is my baby getting enough protein?
- How does my baby get energy from their food?
- Should I offer wholegrain carbohydrates to my infant?
- How will my baby get iron from plant foods?
- Where will my baby get their calcium?
- I have heard about the importance of iodine, what does this mineral do and where can my baby get it from?
At My Plant Based Babies we believe in an evidence-based approach, offered in a clear and practical way to make it easy for you to include in your daily life. We know how busy it can be raising little ones!
Some of the topics we will address are:
- What is the role of each macronutrient and micronutrient and how do they support my infant’s development
- Tips about which foods complement each other in terms of absorption of vitamins and minerals
- Balancing food intake over a day and the week, knowing which micronutrients your baby needs and when
- Use our recipes to make balanced meals and snacks easier throughout the week
Sharing plant-based nutritional information to support optimum infant health is a passion at My Plant Based Babies and we look forward to diving deeper into macro and micronutrients with you in the coming weeks. We’re here for you every step of the way on your weaning journey.